Complete Hot Tap & Line Fitting Services for Pipeline Industry Requirements
EngRx Corp. has extensive experience in designing Hot Tap and Line Stop fittings. We offer design services for single applications, or complete catalogs to expand your company’s flexibility and scope in the market. Our designs can meet the requirements of various industrial codes as your application requires.
- North American facility applications: ASME B31.3 or ASME 31.1
- Canadian Pipeline applications: CSA Z662
- USA Pipeline applications: ASME B31.8 and ASME B31.4
Engineering analysis will include drawings and supporting calculations to appropriate codes. Material selection, NDE and MDMT are essential to most code requirements. Cooling rate is of primary consideration in designing an appropriate welding procedure specification (WPS). Heat affected zone (HAZ) ductility may be compromised when high cooling rates are coupled with high carbon equivalent materials. EngRx can assist in WPS qualification on live line welding procedures.
Canadian provincial jurisdiction requirements vary from province to province. EngRx will supply Hot Tap and Line Stop engineering that meet these requirements. Our services will include Finite Element Analysis (FEA), to justify branch openings that exceed 70% of the main pipe diameter. Some provincial boiler authorities will required either an FEA model or proof testing to obtain a CRN. We offer CRN assistance to process your fitting design requirements through all provincial boiler authority requirements.
For Canada based facilities operating under ASME B31.3 and B31.1, Hot Tap and Line Stop fittings will need to be manufactured under a provincial boiler safety authority approved quality control program. If the application is related to field pipelines operating under CSA Z662, fittings are to be manufactured under a self regulated quality control program. EngRx will assist in qualification of the manufacturing entity and quality processes to ensure the requirements of the CRN are met.
- Standard designs meet ASME B31.3, ASME B31.1 or CSA Z662 requirements
- Reduced branch & Full Branch Fittings for use in hot tapping operations
- Standard designs to Class 150, 300 & 600. Other classes also available.
- Materials and NDE engineering
- Designs with Canadian Registration Number, CRN, in appropriate provincial jurisdiction.